Thursday, July 7, 2011

$1 Treasures

I'm cheap.Very cheap.I don't like to spend more than $15 on one item-from clothes/shoes to dishes to decorations to you name it.That's why thrift stores and yardsales are my best friend.That's why my walls are still rather bare-I'm working on that.I always look at the discount aisles.I try not to buy things that I don't need.Try being the key word.I don't always follow the $15 rule tho in case you are starting to think I'm the Queen of Thrifty Shopping.I wish I was.Back before marriage and a kid-it was quite a different story.I've learned alot about making do and saving money since then.Trying to save has become a lifestyle-something I enjoy.Finding deals always makes me feel giddy.If you just look and are open minded and not afraid to repaint or use a little elbow grease,you can find some great treasures.Even tho we are almost debt free,I save everywhere I can.Your imagination has to work a little harder sometimes,but it's o so worth it!Anyhow,here are some things I found this summer for $.99- $1.00--

4 cone cups-$1 a piece.Perfect for sundaes on the back porch.I don't have cute summer dishes anyway..


A cute aqua colored birdcage.I love bird cages and birds!!



A curtain "holder thingie"-not sure of the name.There was only one.

Excuse the washed out pics.I blame it on bad lighting,but it's because my photography skills are about as good as my backing-up-a-vehicle ones.


I found an old cardboard box with a post mark from 1953 on it that was holding old chipboard letters.Mostly vowels..




A little wagon to hold my son's blocks and toys...
Some books with good ole' American history for Kobe to read/be read to when he's bigger...






A beautiful sea shell...

Picture frames that I want to paint and distress to bring out all the details...



A shelf that needs a little paint.I don't have 1 shelf on the walls in my whole house!!

Styrofoam balls that I want to cover with moss...

Vases from Dollar Tree...I added raffia and ribbon.



Tissue Paper PomPoms I made from $1 packs of tissue paper...

$1 letters from Hobby Lobby for something I'll post about soon...


A chippy old picture frame I've had for years...
Look for treasures-they are everywhere!!

1 comment:

  1. Love, LOVE the bird cage!
    Can't wait to see the shelf and frames re-done! ;)
    Your finds are so cute!
    Hope your having a wonderful day/wknd!

    ReplyDelete