Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Kobe's Red Christmas Decorations

  I was going to post about my Christmas decorations a week ago,but so many things have happened.My 35 year old brother-in-law died of a heart attack,leaving behind his wife and 6 children.Please pray for the family!!So sad and shocking!!We went to the funeral in Kentucky and Kobe has been fussy...and I keep rearranging things,so I'm behind on posting.Can you believe Christmas is just a few days away??I still have a few gifts that I need to finish making!!And cookies to bake for the neighbors!!
    The following pictures of Kobe's room are horrible quality-I'm almost embarrassed to show them,but that's what happens when you are in a hurry,I guess.. I hung 2 red ornaments and the baby banner that I made out of a brown paper bag and copy paper on the outside of his door.



I found this branch in my Christmas stash and hung red ornaments off of it with white thread.It hangs above his crib.Simple but cute.After I hung this,I saw it on a few other blogs-so much for thinking I was creative.=)


I moved a chair in from the livingroom and set an old Coca Cola crate on it.I set out the antique mugs with q-tips and cotton balls.A simple basket holding Slim's baseballs and a few red ornaments and Slim's old license plates finish off the red color scheme.


I love this flannel shirt I bought for Kobe.It's one of the only peices of clothes I bought for him that was brand-new.See the cardboard stockings??Yeah,they were stuck inside his new socks.Excuse the missing hardware,it's hard to find ones the same size!!


A 2 gallon jar holds red and gold ornaments.A baby food jar holds dices.Old rollerskates,crate,books,lantern,magnifying glass and his favorite puppy were added just for fun.An old tin can lid hangs on the wall on the right.I thought I had more close-up pictures of this stuff...



This was taken standing in the doorway.His dresser is directly beside the doorway on the left.I found 3 red striped placemats in the cupboard and hung them over the curtain rod.The old Coca Cola sign came out of a repo barn.The huge teddy bear was a Valentinees gift from Slim when we were dating.Happy boy was picked up at a hospital in a near-by town.=)
 
I found the cute hook at Hobby Lobby a few months ago and hung a stocking(from a repo barn) on it.The rebel flag and trunks are also repo barn finds.

This room didn't cost me a dime to decorate for Christmas.Of course,it's nothing fancy and is mismatched but I used what I had and that makes me happy.I'll try to get pictures posted of the rest of the house in it's Christmas glory BEFORE Christmas.I'm running behind on lots of stuff right now,but I'll try to get it all accomplished.Am I the only one who's running late?Please tell me you still have gifts to wrap and buy.It would make my day to know I'm not the only one who is enjoying my life too much to care about the decorations and gifts.Hey,it's all about family,love,life and  celebrating Christ anyway,isn't it??

2 comments:

  1. Love your creative ideas! My favorite was the sign on his door:) I think i'll keep that in mind for future use!Great job posting;) I'm having trouble with my blog and not gettin mine done:(. Merry Blessed Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!It's hard to post often with a baby-or in your case-2 of them!!I hope your Christmas is merry and bright!!

    ReplyDelete