Monday, June 20, 2011

Boats & Boots & A Raisin Pie


This is what my hubby got for Father's Day.
 I made (hotglued) the boat as a gift from Kobe to symbolize the begining of the journey of fatherhood.We picked up the driftwood on our anniversary trip.The blue & white fabric was salvaged from my Mom's yardsale stash.The white flag was from a piece of fabric Slim's Mom gave us-the perfect symbol since she is forever resting in peace.The middle stick is from a houseplant that suffered from my green  black thumb.It cost me nothing to make this boat but it holds lots of meaning.I LOVE simple gifts.
 Sailboat,take me away to paradise...

This sailboat we saw on our trip to the beach inspired me to make one.
His old workboots are going to be used as flower planters.My hubby wears his shoes/boots till the soles are barely attached and there are holes everywhere.
 I loved what these cards said.I can be picky about cards-I don't care how they look-I want them to say how I really feel..
My Mom baked each father in our family their favorite kind of pie.Hubby's is Raisin Crumb Pie.
   Hmm..wonder if he'll notice if there is a piece missing??

No comments:

Post a Comment