Sunday, June 26, 2011

My Home State

    I've been a small town girl all my life.I lived in the small town of Antrim,Ohio till I was 9 years old.One little gas station,rolling hills,farmland,lots of deer and groundhogs,snowy winters and pleasant summers...when we visited recently,I almost wished to move back for a little while.It was great spending time with family and friends again.We took care of my grandpa-who is not very healthy right now,put up strawberries for my aunt and went shopping in Holmes County-Amish country.I love going to visit in the summer time.Their grass is so green and the flowers are so rich in color.I miss the good soil they have up there.     
playing cornhole with cousins
My cousin & youngest sis loved up the baby kittens all week.

My aunt has beautiful flowers!!




We met Slim's sister and children one afternoon.Was great seeing them-even tho it was short.She was happy to meet Kobe for the first time.

My 96 year old great-Grandma-her mind is still clear as a bell.I always enjoy visiting with her-she's such a sweet old lady.


 Kobe was so spoiled that week!!Everyone wanted to hold him!
My grandpa used to hunt a lot when he was still able to.He shot lots of big bucks,turkeys & groundhogs.

I always loved the neighbor's little cottage like house.The sweet old couple that used to live there passed away,but 2 of their sons are now taking care of it.

This is the old farm I grew up on.You can see a glimpse of the big white farmhouse on the right-nestled in the trees.I didn't get a good pic of the farmhouse.I would love to restore the house!!I heard that it was the first house in Antrim to have running water and electricity.My parents built the tan house across the feild after we lived here a few years.We then moved to Alabama.My siblings & I spent many hours playing in the woods,in the creek,sledding down the hills and riding bike on this property.Seeing these old home places brought back so many good memories.
                                         


We went on a hayride one evening.Of course the giggling little girls needed a potty break.This is the only one we could find.

There was a gorgeous sunset one evening.God is the best artist ever!!

My uncle's farm-my Dad's old home place.

Have a great evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment