Monday, June 6, 2011

Beach Love

Hello,friends!!It's been a LONG time since my last post!YIKES!!I have been doing a lot of blog reading and have been neglecting my own blog.I have lots of things to share,so stay tuned-maybe I'll get around to all of it soon.
May 23,2009
 May 23rd was our 2nd anniversary.WOW!!Time has flown since I said those life changing words-I DO!I think I am the luckiest lady alive.God has blessed me with a wonderful,fun-loving husband who works hard,loves lots and helps me so much.I love him more every day.Okay,I love to brag about him..but I'll move on.=)
sleepy eyed lovers

"Obsession"
(The name of the house)
We stayed in a cute little house in the Village of Tannin in Orange Beach,AL on our anniversary trip.It was very quiet and private place-the perfect get-away for us.I recommend this place to everyone-nothing fancy,but it's a quaint lil place.The owners are super nice to work with.$100 a night was well worth it.And they didn't have the normal cheesy beach decor.Now,don't get me wrong-I love beach decor,but not the bright shells,etc., with the '80s-90's look.We watched turtles in the lake while eating breakfast on the balcony..threw the doors open and let the breezy sea air fill the house..lounged in the livingroom..soaked in the clawfoot tub downstairs..and slept like a baby in the comfy bed.We may or may not have slept till lunch one day.I lurved(aka loooved) =) the old beach houses in the village.
The downstairs was formerly a garage.It is now converted into a beautiful bedroom and bathroom.The clawfoot tub and old door added so much architectural beauty.
The view from the back of the house
outdoor shower


my new flipflops and the fun anthropologie rug (I think its from there)
i loved the nightstand in the background-beautiful details

super cute pillows

Aah..watching sailboats drift by is something i can't get enough of

He makes me smile!!

nothing like feeling the sun on your back,smelling the salty air and feeling the sand squishing in between your toes...

I love this pic-somehow makes me think of Heaven
us-that word is awesome!
Hubby loves the dress-says it makes me look skinny.YAY!But,does that mean that I look fat when I'm not wearing it??=)Those last 10 pounds of baby weight still haven't come off!

i big fat heart old bikes!
Biking the brick paved road was a blast.Riding this old bike reminded me of my childhood days.
We went parasailing one afternoon too.Soaring 800 feet in the air like an eagle was exhilarating yet smooth & peaceful.The view is amazing.Pretty big words coming from someone who is afraid of rides and heights.Try it-it's soo worth it!!



Now,take a deep breath-can you hear the crashing waves,feel the soft mist??
Listen to the sea gulls cry.
The sun is magically changing your skin color from vanilla to a soft mocha color.
ha ha Mine turned lobster red then peeled!
There's a hunk of a man sitting next to you giving you a smirky smile.OK.Maybe not.In my experience,there was!
But enjoy the beach for a moment.
A picture says a thousand words..

So long,beach bums!!



1 comment:

  1. Look soo inviting & FUN!!!! I'm jealous but glad y'all could go :) y'all deserved it!!

    ReplyDelete